Schwans - Review about Edwards Lemon Meringue Pie from Boston, Massachusetts

167 of 321 Schwans reviews

I purchased a Edwards lemon meringue pie from my local publix grocery store.On March 1 2015, it has a long string inside of it.

Absolutely disgusting an horrible horrible experience.

Never before experience anything like that.i can't believe this happened to me.I would like for something to be done regarding this matter.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Edwards Lemon Meringue Pie
Review category
Food Stores
review #604310

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Schwans? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 4 No 4
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
167 of 321 Schwans reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 17 #1129373

I had one tonight, and it was the best lemon ice box pie from Edwards I've ever had. I usually don't eat most of the crust, as it's soggy, but this crust was crispy, like it had just been baked.

Ms Pms

Mar 17 #1129370 Winter Park, Florida, United States

That is unfortunate. Did you contact the company directly? I find that these smaller food companies are happy to communicate directly with their customers and appreciate calling attention to these kind of issues. If you give them the code from the box, they can trace it back, and take appropriate measures. I'm just curious if you tried that, because I had a less serious issue with a Blakely pot pie, which I love. They answered my email immediately, apologized, and sent me about $20 worth of coupons, which I couldn't wait to redeem. I adore the Edwards lemon ice box pie, but if found that string in it, it may have turned me off forever.

KevinRichards

Mar 17, 2015 #959538 Orange, California, United States

You can tell the string was placed there and staged to make it look like it was inside the pie. Notice how clean the string looks? If it really were inside the pie it would not be that clean. It would have pie filling all over it. Sounds to me like some jobless person just trying to make a free buck.

1 2 Reply
Tim

Mar 13, 2015 #957813 Washington, District Of Columbia, United States

EDWARDS DESSERTS is part of the Schwans Food Company. I guess this division does add string for flavor to its pies. In HOME SERVICE we will urinate on your pie if you don't buy enough.

1 0 Reply
Tim

Mar 11, 2015 #957014

At Schwans we don't leave strings in pies we sell. We pee on our pies instead.

4 0 Reply
anonymous

Mar 06, 2015 #954827

Contact the company that makes the Edwards pies, or you could have taken the remaining pie and string back to the store. I don't know what this has to do with Schwans. They don't sell the Edwards brand, in fact they don't even make it.

1 1 Reply

May 27, 2015 #988617

Yes, schwanns bought the Edwards Pie division and the quality has slip ever since. The crusts are like cardboard and they have now stopped putting cookies around the edge as Edwards had done for years. The lemon pie I bought this week looked nothing like the perfect picture on the box. The crust around the top edge was jagged and broken I used to love the original version.

Jun 29, 2015 #1001291

i think it's time to learn how to make your own pie

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Schwans. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Schwans.
Filing a new complaint about
×