Boston, Massachusetts
1K views 10 comments
Featured on Google+ Not resolved

I purchased a Edwards lemon meringue pie from my local publix grocery store.On March 1 2015, it has a long string inside of it.

Absolutely disgusting an horrible horrible experience.

Never before experience anything like that.i can't believe this happened to me.I would like for something to be done regarding this matter.

Review about: Edwards Lemon Meringue Pie.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Schwans?

Comments

I had one tonight, and it was the best lemon ice box pie from Edwards I've ever had. I usually don't eat most of the crust, as it's soggy, but this crust was crispy, like it had just been baked.

Ms Pms
Winter Park, Florida, United States #1129370

That is unfortunate.Did you contact the company directly?

I find that these smaller food companies are happy to communicate directly with their customers and appreciate calling attention to these kind of issues. If you give them the code from the box, they can trace it back, and take appropriate measures. I'm just curious if you tried that, because I had a less serious issue with a Blakely pot pie, which I love.

They answered my email immediately, apologized, and sent me about $20 worth of coupons, which I couldn't wait to redeem.I adore the Edwards lemon ice box pie, but if found that string in it, it may have turned me off forever.

KevinRichards
Orange, California, United States #959538

You can tell the string was placed there and staged to make it look like it was inside the pie.Notice how clean the string looks?

If it really were inside the pie it would not be that clean.

It would have pie filling all over it.Sounds to me like some jobless person just trying to make a free buck.

Tim

EDWARDS DESSERTS is part of the Schwans Food Company. I guess this division does add string for flavor to its pies. In HOME SERVICE we will urinate on your pie if you don't buy enough.

Tim

At Schwans we don't leave strings in pies we sell. We pee on our pies instead.

flippette

That's the secret ingredient.

anonymous

Contact the company that makes the Edwards pies, or you could have taken the remaining pie and string back to the store. I don't know what this has to do with Schwans. They don't sell the Edwards brand, in fact they don't even make it.

flippette
to anonymous Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #956941

This guy knows what he's talking about. Listen to him.

to anonymous #988617

Yes, schwanns bought the Edwards Pie division and the quality has slip ever since.The crusts are like cardboard and they have now stopped putting cookies around the edge as Edwards had done for years.

The lemon pie I bought this week looked nothing like the perfect picture on the box.The crust around the top edge was jagged and broken I used to love the original version.

to Anonymous #1001291

i think it's time to learn how to make your own pie